weddingcountdown.com

Monday, November 19, 2012

Spa Goods Done!

Oh, I'm so pleased with the way this stuff turned out. It was even better than I had planned on, because I got these epsom salts with eucalyptus and spearmint already in them... I added some mint oil, grapefruit essential oil, and peppermint extract and a few drops of red food coloring to make it pink. That's all I did for the amazing smelling bath salts. For the sugar scrub, I took equal parts of white sugar and brown sugar, then filled up with grapeseed oil, lavender essential oil, and vanilla extract. You don't want to oversaturate with oil, but you do want it to be moist enough to use as a scrub.


ADORABLE RIGHT?
(the tall container is the bath salt, the square is the scrub)

The soap was fun too. I got some white glycerin from Michael's and a few heart molds. I melted the glycerin, added honey, cinnamon and food coloring, then poured it into the heart molds (making sure to spray liberally with Pam before doing so). It hardened back up, I popped it out, and wrapped it pretty. And voila! My maids are going to have some awesome stuff to pamper themselves with. I gotta get the nail polishes and stuff into the cosmetic bags, and then package the whole thing up. I also need to schedule a bridesmaids luncheon for the end of next month.

So that's what I've been doing today. It was a clean the house and stuff kind of day, and I'll probably assemble some more invitations tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment