weddingcountdown.com

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Overwhelmed!

Have you ever had those days where just nothing seems to go right? It's been one of those days. From the moment I dropped my dad off at work it seemed and started driving right into the sun, then the weird guy at the laundry that manhandled my undies (and eliciting a threat from me) ... having a super bad tummy ache and spending more time out than I really had planned - it just started out terrible. Then got into a few misunderstandings with the boy (which eventually worked themselves out) and I couldn't catch a break at all today. It was like 50 billion little things all adding up to terribleness. I did get some ghirardelli holiday chocolates though, and all in all they were awesome. The pumpkin spice caramel chocolates were my favorite!

None of this has to do with my wedding. I spent the morning putting the finishing touches on my holiday wreath. It is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to put it on the door. I then went to try to work on wedding stuff this afternoon. I tied tulle to the tins that will hold the bath salts and scrub. I managed to make the scrub yesterday between batches of cookies, and it smells amazing (lavender vanilla for those of you that don't remember). It's not enough though. I used two cups each sugar and it didn't make enough for four tins much less the extra I wanted to make to take to my friend as a hospitality gift (she's letting me crash at her place on the way to and from TN in December). And of course, I'm low on sugar after cookies, so it will wait until after the store tomorrow.


Here is a peek at the wreath! I'm thinking of selling them on Etsy.

I tinned up 3.5 tins of scrub and set them aside, and after some theraputic WoW with the boy and some Sweet Tomatoes, I started working on tulle bows for the pews. I didn't know how to make bows so I set to google and youtube. Yeah, they look stupid. I'm going to have to redo them. I made one that is kind of nice but I don't think it'll work for the pews. Maybe it will work for the seat backs. Hopefully his mom knows how to tie them better than I do. I think we're going to need a lot more tulle too.

The point of all this is that today I'm just overwhelmed and uninspired. And I suppose it's ok to have those days. You can't be 100% all the time. It seems the closer he is to coming home, the less I want to do for the wedding. I haven't done any more invitations since the day I shot the tutorial. Maybe I just need a couple of days off of wedding stuff to refresh my mind. Maybe I just need him to come home and then I can go OK! onto wedding stuff. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment