weddingcountdown.com

Thursday, November 15, 2012

DIY Post: Invitation Invocation

I FINALLY GOT IT DOWN!! I had so many issues figuring out how I wanted to do the invitations. I got this really pretty cream colored card stock with flecks of purple, blue, and other colors. It was marketed as stardust and it is very celestial. I then got some pretty purple card stock for the outside. I grabbed some white and purple tissue paper at wal mart. Then I also got some really super thin cream ribbon from the craft section. It was like $1 a spool. I have a guillotine paper slicer which came in real handy for this project, and I had a real cute edger puncher (you can find them in the scrapbook section of Michael's or Hobby Lobby and they have all kinds of cute designs). I also had a heart-shaped hole puncher (you can save the hole punches if you want to make confetti later too - great multi tasking!).

Step one: (cut a hole in the box - ok, not really)

Print out and cut your invitation the way you want it. I printed four per page because that will fit our envelopes perfect. I then trimmed most of the space around it like you can see above.

Step two:

Cut the card stock to fit around the invite itself. I used the invite, held it up to the stock, and sliced away.

Step three:

Use the edger to make the ends look all nice and pretty.

Step four:

I used the ruler part of my paper cutter for this to get it exact. Measure to the center of the backing card stock, and drop dots of glue all the way down. Then settle your invitation in the center, like so. Then fold the sides up.

Step five:

Punch two holes on each folded up side. This is to thread your ribbon though.

Step six:

Cut a piece of tissue paper to fit over top of the invitation. That'll be how it's presented - they'll see that first, so make sure it looks nice.

Step seven:

Thread the ribbon through. I tried it a few different ways, and it seemed that the ribbon sticking out OVER the folds instead of under looked better.

like this

Step eight:

And this is what it looks like all tied up! Isn't that pretty?

I can't wait for my friends and family to open these up. They take some time, but doing them myself was such a great idea. I love how they look!

No comments:

Post a Comment